This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Accessing EasyTracker in non Windows 8 and Windows Phone projects

Jul 9, 2015 at 1:26 AM
I'm trying to use your SDK to handle telemetry for a Visual Studio extension I'm working on. However, because this is not a Windows 8 or Windows Phone project all I have access to is the Core PCL. I've done the following in my application:
            var trackerManager = new TrackerManager(new PlatformInfoProvider()
            {
                // The anonymous client ID should be a unique and anonymous ID for your user that is remembered by your application.
                // It is of type string but GUIDs work great for this purpose. How you chose to generate and store your user ID is
                // the responsibility of your app.
                AnonymousClientId = "A6BA1A20-7102-46C7-94DA-EBFF032E9472",
                ScreenResolution = new Dimensions(1920, 1080),
                UserAgent = "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko",
                UserLanguage = "en-us",
                ViewPortResolution = new Dimensions(1920, 1080)
            });

var tracker = trackerManager.GetTracker("UA-62483606-3");
            tracker.AppName = "SideWaffle";
            tracker.AppVersion = "1.0.0.0";

// Log something to Google Analytics
            tracker.SendView(templateName + " - " + templateID);
However, nothing is being tracked. Ideally I'd like to be able to get access to the EasyTracker from my project, but would be happy if I could just get what I already have to work. Any suggestions?
Jul 11, 2015 at 6:26 PM
The purpose of the EasyTracker is to provide automatic configuration for a given platform + applicable platform specific bells and whistles. Therefore, the PCL is the way to go if you are trying to integrate into a VS extension that is platform agnostic. Are you still having trouble getting this to work? The code above looks correct and should work. If you are still having trouble, is the symptom that no data is showing up in GA?
Jul 11, 2015 at 6:30 PM
Edited Jul 11, 2015 at 6:31 PM
Right, no data is showing up in GA.
Jul 14, 2015 at 4:06 AM
Sadly, I'm still not able to get any data to show up in GA. Has anyone else run into this issue with the PCL or is it just something with how I'm using the SDK?
Jul 22, 2015 at 4:00 AM
Ok, so I forked the repository and wanted to look at the code to see if I could figure out where the issue might be with the data not showing up in GA. However, I'm looking at 16 projects within this solution. For the project I'm working on which project would I need to look at?
Jul 27, 2015 at 7:27 PM
There different portable class libraries available depending on which subset of platforms you are trying to support.
PCL136 = .NET 4, SL5, Win8, WP8 SL, Xamarin
PCL78 = .NET 4.5, Win8, WP8 SL, Xamarin