Is the Google Analytics SDK for Windows still active?

May 12, 2015 at 6:19 PM
I'm curious as to how up-to-date this project is. At first glance, there appears to be very little activity on the project, with the last commit being from August 2014. The links for the iOS and Android SDK on the home page take you to the v2 SDK - Google is now on v4.

Is this project still active? Is it up-to-date with the current API from Google?

Thanks for the comments.
Coordinator
May 15, 2015 at 12:23 AM
Totally understandable for you to ask... I've been more than preoccupied with another project of late (one that pays the bills :) but am expecting to circle back and invest more time into this very soon. I'm also always interested in feedback if you have something you'd like to see and more than willing to accept pull requests if you'd like to contribute to keep the SDK up to date.

Thanks, Tim
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2015 at 12:55 AM
I am planning on releasing an update to the SDK in the near future and have been exposing a number of new features now available to GA; please let me know if there's anything specifically you'd like included.
Jul 14, 2015 at 12:04 AM
We are interested in the ability to cache events locally and then update them the next time the device is connected. If you can add that it would be useful.

Thanks,
Paul

Sent from Windows Mail

Coordinator
Jul 27, 2015 at 6:02 PM
Edited Jul 27, 2015 at 6:17 PM
fyi: The SDK already will detect a loss of network connectivity and queue the hits in memory until connectivity is restored. The part that is missing is the ability to cache those hits to the file system in the event that the device never comes back online during that same session of the app.

Note: there is an issue created to track this additional request.