This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Google Analytics Mapping Exception

Mar 25, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Hi,

I am new to Google Analytics and trying to integrate it with my windows phone app. I followed the steps like creating a tracking ID, installing the nuget package and editing the information in analytics.xaml. I even added a tracker in my app initializer
        GoogleAnalytics.EasyTracker.GetTracker().SendView("MainPage");
When I try to execute the code in emulator, I am getting an exception. Details below

Message : An attempt to override an existing mapping was detected for type GoogleAnalytics.Core.IPlatformInfoProvider with name "", currently mapped to type GoogleAnalytics.Core.PlatformInfoProvider, to type GoogleAnalytics.PlatformInfoProvider.

Stack Trace : at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerRegistrationByConventionExtensions.RegisterTypeMappings(IUnityContainer container, Boolean overwriteExistingMappings, Type type, String name, IEnumerable1 fromTypes, Dictionary2 mappings)
at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerRegistrationByConventionExtensions.RegisterTypes(IUnityContainer container, IEnumerable1 types, Func2 getFromTypes, Func2 getName, Func2 getLifetimeManager, Func`2 getInjectionMembers, Boolean overwriteExistingMappings)
at MyPhoneApp.IocContainer.AppContainer.RegisterMySdk()
at MyPhoneApp.IocContainer.AppContainer.Initialize(Frame rootFrame, DataContext dataContext)
at MyPhoneApp.App.<Application_Launching>d__5.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__0(Object state)

can someone help me in fixing this?
Mar 25, 2014 at 11:12 PM
This looks like a bug in Unity due to the same class name existing in 2 different assemblies and namespaces. I don't know much about unity... do you know if there's a way to exclude certain assemblies, namespaces, classes from the mapping process?