No timings being registered at Google

Jul 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Edited Jul 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Love the SDK, keep up the good work.

I am successfully logging events and ecommerce stuff, but the Timings seem to not register.

The following line executes at the end of a page load
EasyTracker.GetTracker().SendTiming(elapsedTime, AnalyticsCategory.Screens.ToString(),"Startup","Logged_In");
where elapsedTime is a TimSpan returned from a Stopwatch.

No exceptions. Is there anything I am doing wrong?

In Analytics I am checking the Engagement>App Speed dashboard, but have also made my own widget. No records returned. Also using the latest version from a fork and compiling locally and referencing the dll.
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Hello, first: please make sure you're using the latest version. There was a bug fixed causing timings not to work in an earlier version.

If you are still having trouble, I'd recommend using fiddler to monitor the request to GA to make sure it is being sent.
Also, is this a WP7, WP8, Win8 JS, or Win8 Xaml app?

fyi: I'm able to successfully see timings in GA sent from my own app. The code I'm using is:
EasyTracker.GetTracker().SendTiming(DateTime.Now.Subtract(t), "Startup", "MainPage.Init", null);

Thanks for the feedback!
Jul 5, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Great. Thanks that did it. Latest version is good.

I noticed that the assembly and file versions have not been changed. I have added a solution level assembly info class to the solution and will push to my fork.
I will send a 'pull request' if you would like to incorporate it shortly. It will allow you to version all the projects easily in one go.

Thanks
Nicholas