This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

SDK not working with x64 in WinJS

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:44 AM
Hi,

I am working with WinJS application. The GoogleAnalytics SDK is working with x86 but not working with x64 bit configuration.

It is giving following error.
0x8007007e - JavaScript runtime error: The specified module could not be found.

Please Help!
Thanks
Nov 9, 2015 at 3:38 PM
Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Is there anything we can do on our side to fix this? If not, when can we expect an update?

Thank you,
Ricardo.
Nov 12, 2015 at 5:58 AM
I'm getting the same issue - only when running in x64. This also seems to be causing problems with the packaging/certification process. I'll keep digging but I'm not quite sure what we'll be able to do.
Nov 12, 2015 at 10:01 PM
Latest I've been able to find is that there is no x64 folder in the "Microsoft SDKs\Windows Kits\10\ExtensionSDKs\GoogleAnalytics.Native.SDK.Win10" directory. I'm trying a reinstall and I'll go from there...

Thanks,

Alex
Nov 12, 2015 at 10:45 PM
Alright, I think we're in business. First what I tried was downloading the NuGet package from CodePlex, unzipping it, and referencing the UAP WinMD files. That worked, to my surprise. But it seemed a little hacky, so I came up with the following. Which still seems hacky, but whatever. It works.
  1. Get rid of any references to the GoogleAnalytics libraries that you have in your project.
  2. Install the GoogleAnalyticsSDK package from the standard nuget.org repository (as described in the docs for XAML apps on this site).
At this point the libraries are referenced, but there must be something wrong with the Nuspec file (maybe? I'm not an expert at NuGet) because the way the references are created in the .jsproj file is incorrect. It tries to reference the Windows 8 WinMD files and specifies a few other settings that cause problems.
  1. Open your .jsproj in a text editor.
  2. Change the GoogleAnalytics and GoogleAnalytics.Core references to look like the following:
<ItemGroup>
    <Reference Include="GoogleAnalytics">
      <HintPath>..\packages\GoogleAnalyticsSDK.1.3.00\lib\uap10.0\GoogleAnalytics.winmd</HintPath>
      <IsWinMDFile>true</IsWinMDFile>
    </Reference>
    <Reference Include="GoogleAnalytics.Core">
      <HintPath>..\packages\GoogleAnalyticsSDK.1.3.00\lib\uap10.0\GoogleAnalytics.Core.winmd</HintPath>
    </Reference>
  </ItemGroup>
Have fun.
Nov 18, 2016 at 11:11 PM
To clarify, you need to make sure the references do not have these sub-elements in the XML
  <CopyLocal>True</CopyLocal>
  <SpecificVersion>True</SpecificVersion>
Related issue: https://github.com/NuGet/Home/issues/2406#issuecomment-242569851