Bug when back from tombstoning WP7.1/7.8

Oct 2, 2013 at 6:51 AM
Hello,

Here's the problem.

I download the source code, then activate tombstoning on debug for the Windows 7 test app (on the Debug Page of the Properties Window , select he option "Tombstone upon deactivation while debugging").
I launch the app on a WP7.1 or 7.8 emulator. When the main page is loaded, tombstone the app by clicking on the home button, then click on "back" button, the App is never reactivated.

Something goes wrong but no explanation...

The problem seems only to occurs on the WP7 platform, no problem on a WP8 emulator.

Any ideas ?

Thansk.
Oct 3, 2013 at 6:56 AM
After a little investigation, it seems that the following line on the "Current_Deactivated" method on "EasyTracker.WP.cs" cause the problem :
"await Dispatch(); // there is no way to get a deferral in WP so this will not actually happen until after we return to the app"

When commenting it, the problem doesn't occurs but I the same time I will lost some events no ?
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Edited Oct 7, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Thanks for reporting this. I'll take a look and see what I can find. In the meantime, you can disable this feature (wiring up to Activated and Deactivated) by setting in your analytics.xml file:
<autoAppLifetimeTracking>false</autoAppLifetimeTracking>
<autoAppLifetimeMonitoring>false</autoAppLifetimeMonitoring>
<dispatchPeriod>0</dispatchPeriod>
Setting dispatchPeriod to zero will cause it to send events as soon as it receives them therefore greatly reducing the likelihood that there are any events not sent yet when the app is tombstoned.