This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

No updates on the Google Analytics account

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Edited Jul 2, 2013 at 6:04 PM
I followed the steps in the documentation for getting the things work.
However, I don't see any data on my Google Analytics dashboard, even though I had sent views, and other events from my code.

What can be the problem? Is it take any time from the moment of sending view update (for example) until you see the result in the GA dashboard?

I'm using windows phone 8 and created new Google Account today.
My code is very simple by now:
        public MainPage()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            GoogleAnalytics.EasyTracker.GetTracker().SendView("MainWindow");

// Sample code to localize the ApplicationBar
            //BuildLocalizedApplicationBar();
        }

private void Button_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            GoogleAnalytics.EasyTracker.GetTracker().SendEvent("ButtonEvents", "Click", "", 0);
        }

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!--More info at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/android/v2/parameters-->
<analytics xmlns="http://googleanalyticssdk.codeplex.com/ns/easytracker">
  <!--Replace placeholder ID with your tracking ID-->
  <trackingId>UA-42166991-1</trackingId>
  <!--Replace placeholder name with your app name. If you leave this empty your WMAppManifest.xml Title will be used-->
  <!--<appName>Test</appName>-->
  <!--Replace placeholder version with your app version. If you leave this empty your WMAppManifest.xml version will be used-->
  <!--<appVersion>1.0.0.0</appVersion>-->
  <!--Enable writing of debug information to debug window log, useful for troubleshooting your implementation. Default is false.-->
  <!--<debug>false</debug>-->
  <!--The dispatch period in seconds. Default is 30-->
  <!--<dispatchPeriod>30</dispatchPeriod>-->
  <!--The dispatch period in seconds. Values must be between 0.0 and 100.0 Default is 100.0-->
  <!--<sampleFrequency>100.0</sampleFrequency>-->
  <!--Tells Google Analytics to anonymize the information sent by the tracker objects by removing the last octet of the IP address prior to its storage. Note that this will slightly reduce the accuracy of geographic reporting. Default is false.-->
  <!--<anonymizeIp>false</anonymizeIp>-->
  <!--Enable automatic exception tracking. Default is false.-->
  <!--<reportUncaughtExceptions>false</reportUncaughtExceptions>-->
  <!--The amount of time (in seconds) your application can stay in the background before the session is ended. Negative value disables EasyTracker session management. Default is 30-->
  <!--<sessionTimeout>30</sessionTimeout>-->
  <!--Enable automatic app lifetime tracking (e.g. suspend/resume). Default is false.-->
  <!--<autoAppLifetimeTracking>false</autoAppLifetimeTracking>-->
</analytics>
Thanks!!!
Jul 2, 2013 at 11:10 PM
@romshiri, 2 things come to mind:
1) When you setup your account, make sure you choose "App" (not "Web Site").
2) By default, GA shows stats for the last month ending with yesterday. You can either change the date to include today (note: stats will still be up to a couple hours behind), or you can use the real-time option to see stats for the last half hour.
Jul 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Ok, now I see some data on my GA's dashboard.
It seems that it does takes some time until it updates.

How do I set the updates to realtime as you said? I did not see any option like that.

Thanks alot for your help !
Jul 3, 2013 at 7:50 PM
In GA, there's a tab/button on the left called "Real-Time" that will show you activity for the last 30 minutes. The reporting tools are limited when in "real-time" mode but it is still useful.